Ms. Cathie Browning
Research Assistant II
American River College
Cathie Browning is the Institutional Researcher at American River College. She has 15 years of experience in Institutional Research. Cathie developed the college’s integrated planning system that included program review, Educational Master Plan (EMP) and Student Learning Outcomes. Cathie Served on the Classified Senate for 10 years in various positions, including 2 years as Classified Senate President and 4 years as Past President. Her committee experience includes Planning Coordination Committee, Program Review Subcommittee, Equity, Curriculum Tech Review, Professional Development Coordination, Classified Professional Development Committee. She was awarded State Classified Staff Member of the Year Award, 2013, Classified Staff Member of the Year 2011, and 2010 Meritorious Service Award for Classified Staff.
Cathie’s primary responsibilities include:
1) Program review and educational master planning for instructional, student services and administrative services: This includes overseeing and maintaining the process, evaluation of the effectiveness and initiating improvements.
2) Student Learning Outcomes: Serves as a member of the core of the team that maintains the college’s processes for instruction, and institutional; in addition to having primary responsibility to student services SLO assessment process. She also serve on the college’s Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee.
3) Accreditation: assist the college’s ALO in all matters regarding accreditation including midterm reports, annual reports, SLO Proficiency, collection of evidence and documentation and Accreditation website.
4) Institutional research: inform the college on research data and trends.
5) College’s resource for creating and administering surveys; create, administer and interpret college and department surveys to included CCSSE, program review and student learning outcome assessments.
Cathie has participated in three full accreditation cycles at American River College, including midterm reports. She has served as a committee member on standard I.A and I.B and reviewed several drafts of the document for the 2009 college’s self study. She currently assists the college’s ALO in the completion of ACCJC annual reports, SLO Proficiency Report, midterm reports, preparing for the college’s upcoming self-evaluation and attending ACCJC’s many trainings. In 2012 Cathie served as a team member for Cuesta College in with primary responsibility for Standard III.C