Services We Provide
We offer services on campus and help facilitate services through the County of San Diego and your case worker.
In addition, we provide:
- Personal, academic, and career counseling
- Student Educational Plan assistance
- Coordination of costs for transportation, books and supplies, and emergency costs with the County Health & Human Services
- Provide school supplies (i.e., notebooks, pens, pencils, paper, dictionaries or whatever is needed for your class at no cost; backpacks when necessary)
- Childcare funding and referrals
- Tutoring referrals
- Work study opportunities on campus
- Coordination with Welfare-to-Work contractor case manager regarding your Welfare-to-Work plan and 20/30/35-hour work participation activities
- Assistance with tracking and reporting hours of weekly activities to your case manager
- Job preparation and placement services
- Free faxing and copying
- Assistance with forms for EOPS, CARE, Financial Aid, and DSPS
Steps to Success:
- Fill out an application.
- Schedule an appointment with one of our counselors to develop a Student Educational Plan that also meets your required work participation hours.
- Work with our staff to assist you with your textbooks, supplies, childcare, and work study or job placement needs.
- Understand and commit to the Student Agreements.
- Meet with your case manager to develop a Welfare-to-Work plan.