Please browse through the following Frequently Asked Questions. We also have
a list of Technical Support Questions. If you can't find what you
need, contact the department coordinator.
- How do I apply?
- You can apply
online or in person. See the College's "How
to Enroll" document for details.
- What classes should I take?
- Many students take courses listed in a degree or certificate program.
Our course list links to details that
can help you understand course content and prerequisites. Our Counseling
Department offers support and advice, and you can also contact
a CIS Instructor for advice.
- Can I use a lab computer when I'm not in class?
- Most instructors allow visitors to sit in the back of the room during
class, and we also have open lab hours.
You need to be a current CIS student and you must also sign up for CIS
198, a free, zero-unit class. See our lab
policies for more information.
- Can I challenge or skip a class?
- You may be able to replace a course with another that is more challenging.
Modification of Major forms are available in the counseling office
and must be signed by Connie Elder, the CIS Department Coordinator.