Please browse through the following Frequently Asked Questions. If you
can't find what you need, contact your instructor.
- 1. Can I use a lab computer when I'm not in class?
- Most instructors allow visitors to sit in the back of the room during
class, and we also have open lab hours.
You need to be a current CIS student and you must also sign up for CIS
198, a free, zero-unit class. See our lab
policies for more information. You can also use computer
labs in the library.
- 2. I can't save my file. What do I do?
- If you have used up all the space allocated to you on the H drive,
you won't be able to save any files. To check your H drive, select Start -> All
Programs -> Utilities. If your H drive
is full, you will need to delete some files. Most students find it
useful to store files on a zip disk.
- 3. Why can't I hear any sound from the computer?
- You'll need to plug in some headphones. Ask your teacher or a lab
technician for help if you can't figure out how to plug them in.
- 4. Can someone help with my class assignment?
- Most questions should go to your instructor. You can also get help
from the Tutoring
- 5. I can't log in. What do I do?
- If you have NEVER been able to log in, see your instructor. Otherwise,
make sure you haven't accidentally pressed the Caps Lock key
and try again, and if that doesn't work, ask your instructor or a lab
technician for help or fill out the student
account trouble report form.
- 6. My computer is acting up. What do I do?
- Usually, you will want to begin by quitting the application and trying
again. Rebooting can also help. If you still have problems, let your
teacher or a lab technician know or complete the computer
problem trouble report form.
- 7. The printer isn't working!
- Let your teacher or a lab technician know or complete the printer
trouble report form. Please don't keep trying to print -- usually
your file will print when the printer problem is fixed, and you probably
don't need multiple printouts.
- 8. Will lining my baseball cap with foil keep aliens from manipulating
- Probably, but you might want to try plastic wrap or listening to
polka music. If that doesn't work, contact the Counseling department.