Cuyamaca College skip to content
Transcript Evaluation Procedure

If you have completed units at another college, and would like to have these courses evaluated, please follow the steps below.  

Evaluation of Credit taken within the United States
If your previous credit was taken within the United States, follow these simple steps:

If you have attended other colleges, have ALL your official transcripts of prior work, including AP or IB scores, sent to:

Admissions & Records
Cuyamaca College
900 Rancho San Diego Pkwy
El Cajon, CA 92019

(If your school is local, you may hand carry your transcripts to Admissions and Records. All hand carried transcripts must be in a sealed envelope and have the official seal of the school.)

Contact the Admissions and Records office to determine if your transcripts have arrived.  Once all transcripts have arrived, contact the Counseling Center to request an evaluation. 

Once your evaluation is complete, you will be contacted to set up an appointment with a counselor to receive your degree audit.

Evaluation of Credit taken in a Foreign Country
If your previous credit was taken in a foreign country, follow these instructions:

Transcripts (educational credentials) issued in foreign countries from non-American system institutions and those in languages other than English require special handling.   Each foreign transcript must be translated into English and submitted to one of the companies listed below for an official evaluation.

Cuyamaca College accepts evaluations of foreign transcripts ONLY from the following two (2) Academic Evaluations companies:

Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI)
P.O. Box 6908
Beverly Hills, CA  90212  USA
Web Site
Telephone (310) 275-3530
FAX (310) 275-3528

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.(IERF)
P.O. Box 3665 Culver City, CA  90231  USA
Web Site
Telephone (310) 258-9451
FAX (310) 342-7086

Contact the evaluation company you select for their particular foreign transcripts evaluation procedures.  Once completed, have the evaluation report mailed to the Evaluations Office, Cuyamaca College, 900 Rancho San Diego Parkway, El Cajon, CA  92019.

Cuyamaca College's procedures for the evaluation of foreign transcript:

  1. We must receive a detailed evaluation report with subject breakdowns, course descriptions and grades from the official foreign transcripts.  The official report must be in English and in a sealed envelope.
  2. The official report will be reviewed by the Evaluations Office regarding the possible clearing of general education courses for graduation.
  3. English and speech courses on any evaluation report will be awarded elective credit only.
  4. Courses will only be used to satisfy major requirements with the approval of the department on a Modification of Major form.
  5. Courses will not be used for General Education Breadth or IGETC certifications.
  6. Official foreign transcripts will not be required by Cuyamaca College since the official transcripts are submitted to the evaluation service.

Once your evaluation is complete, you will be contacted to set up an appointment to meet with a counselor.


Page footer information
Cuyamaca College Social Media Cuyamaca College Social Media