Cuyamaca College skip to content
EOPS > Borderless Spaces


Heriberto Vasquez

Phone: (619) 660-4297

Student Success

Room A-300, in the
One-Stop Student Center.

Maps and Directions

Printable Campus Map

Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm

8:30 am -1:00 pm

Phone: (619) 660-4204

Fax: (619) 660-4279

Mailing Address:

Borderless Spaces EOPS
Cuyamaca College
900 Rancho San Diego Parkway El Cajon, CA

Extended Opportunity Programs and SERVICES (EOPS)

Borderless Spaces/AB 540

Workshop Schedule

Get help completing your California Dream Application. Financial aid counselors will be available to help you and answer your questions about the Dream Application.

Location: Chavez EOP Conference Room

Student Services East, Room 2209


  • Thursday, February 6, 2014
    3:00 PM
  • Tuesday, February 11, 2014
    3:00 PM
  • Wednesday, February 12, 2014
    3:00 PM
  • Monday, February 17, 2014
    3:00 PM

What: Bring your and your parents' completed 2013 federal income tax returns. If not yet completed, bring your and your parents' W-2 forms showing 2013 earnings.

Dream Act Information

What is the California Dream Act?

The Dream Act is really two laws that were passed in 2011 and allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:

  • Board of Governors Fee Waivers
  • State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
  • Assistance from EOPS, CARE or CalWORKs
  • Privately-funded scholarships

Check with your college financial aid & scholarship, and CalWORKs offices to see what is available.

What is an AB 540 student?

You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • Attended a California high school for at least three years
  • Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam
  • Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;


  • If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.

Please contact the Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.

Where do I start?

Follow the steps below to get started on the road to fulfilling your college dreams!

  • Apply for financial aid. For more information about the types of financial aid available to AB 540 students as a result of the California Dream Act, refer to the California Student Aid Commission.
  • Apply to EOPS and Meet with an EOPS Counselor to develop a plan to help you achieve your educational goals.

for more information contact:


phone: (619) 660-4297

Career Technical Education

This web site is supported by Carl D. Perkins VTEA IC funds through the System. Office, California Community Colleges,
Grant #08-C01-020

Revised  ot bot="Timestamp" s-type="EDITED" s-format="%B %d, %Y" -->
To Top