|Tutor Home||•||Requirements||•||Subjects||•||Locations/Hours||•||Contact Us|
All Tutors are hired on an "as needed" basis. The position is hourly and temporary. The requirements for a Tutoring position are specific:
- Must be a student at Cuyamaca College
- Must have taken the proposed class/classes for tutoring at Cuyamaca College
- Must have completed and passed classes with B or A
- Must have a faculty member or department chair recommendation for tutoring
- Must have excellent English communication skills
- Must be sensitive to a diverse student body
- Must complete and pass the tutoring Training Class to continue employment as a tutor
Please note that each department has specific criteria for tutor recommendations. Most departments require completion of several classes for a recommendation to be given, such as Math. To tutor Math, the candidate must have completed all classes to Math 280.
Interested in becoming a tutor?
Fill out the Tutor Application and return it to the Tutoring Center (C-102) located in the library.